The latest findings from the KPMG Annual Retail Survey help retailers understand what’s motivating consumers to shop, providing insights on every aspect of the customer journey from purchase to collection, delivery and returns. The trends reveal that:
- Black Friday has continued to extend from a one-day event to a five-week long shopping fixture.
- The power of the brand is becoming more pronounced as consumers bypass intermediaries and shop direct.
- Buying British could become a more popular choice for consumers if the UK’s separation from the EU results in inflated price tags on imported goods.
- The delivered experience means retailers who invest in a seamless end-to-end customer experience are leading the pack.
- The best of both worlds is what consumers have come to expect, with brands needing both a strong physical and online presence to drive sales.
- Retailers must manage both delivery and returns on demand. A number of delivered products can boomerang back into the supply-chain, creating logistical challenges for both delivery and returns.
To learn more about how these trends could impact your retail business, read the full KPMG Annual Retail Survey 2019 now.