Many universities are facing challenges that are putting financial performance and sustainability under pressure. This article looks at how universities can become financially sustainable and the benefits such changes can bring. Key highlights include:
- How universities can approach their journey to financial sustainability from multiple starting points
- Institutional change journeys need guiding principles and effective communication to achieve engagement with all stakeholders
- Getting a grip in the short term, universities can look to focussed interventions, which provide robust financial analysis and visibility on current performance
- Fit for purpose operations in the medium to long term, Universities need to change their business and operating models to become financially sustainable
- Institutional capability Universities need to develop the capability to deliver independently.
You can download the report: Achieving financial stability in higher education.