KPMG’s Right to Work app
KPMG’s Right to Work app
Modernise your right to work process.
If you have trouble viewing the above video on mobile devices, please try here instead.
Why do I need it?
Ensuring all prospective employees have the legal right to work in the UK is one of the biggest compliance headaches businesses face. Who can do the checks? Which documents are acceptable? What does a compliant check look like? Where and how do the checks need to be stored? These are all questions employers grapple with on a regular basis, especially in decentralised organisations.
KPMG’s Right to Work app takes the uncertainty out of these checks. It makes the process of staying compliant fast and simple, and ensures businesses obtain a statutory excuse against employing anyone without the right to work in the UK. It provides employers with a robust defence should the UK Home Office discover a staff member is working in the UK illegally. Without a statutory excuse, fines start at £20,000 per person – plus the associated reputational damage – even in cases where an honest mistake has been made.
There has never been a more pressing time to ensure your processes and systems are ready to deal with the future increase in compliance work because of the new UK immigration system, which will go live in 2021. The App will take away any right to work compliance issues, allowing you to concentrate on preparing other parts of the business for the new UK immigration landscape.
How does it work?
Authorised individuals can carry out right to work checks using an app on their Apple or Android phone or tablet.
The app asks a few simple questions about the employee, and then the mobile device can be used to scan the document presented to prove their right to work in the UK. The app will check the document and confirm that it is the correct document to obtain a statutory excuse, or ask for further information and/or documents. The person undertaking the check does not need to be an immigration expert, and the check takes less than a minute.
KPMG’s immigration team keeps the logic of the app up to date, so you can be sure that it complies with current legislation at all times.
Checks are stored in an HR portal where they can be reviewed, retrieved and from where expiries are tracked. They systems keeps them in line with all applicable data privacy legislation, including GDPR.
- Validation and feedback on the document type, expiration date and candidate’s date of birth
- Auto-approval of straightforward and correctly filled checks if desired
- HR portal to monitor all checks and users
- Automatic reminders to ensure follow-up on expiring visas
- Ability to integrate with other HR/recruitment systems or use on its own
- Management information report
- Secure store of personal data for GDPR
- Optical Character Recognition
- Documents collected can be used for DBS checks
- A robust user interface
- Cloud hosted
- iOS/Android compatible
- Updated regularly in line with new Home Office legislation
- User friendly workflow process for a fast and smooth on-boarding process
- Automation of data collection reduces user input errors and spelling mistakes saving HR resource during second line review
- Ability to deal with geographically dispersed workforces
- Scalable to fit any organisation
- Provides a clear audit trail which shows that correct checks are carried out
- Establishes a ‘continuous statutory excuse’
- Adheres to Home Office requirements of 'List A and List B'
- Brexit ready
- No prior training required with in App help videos and FAQs available
- Allows checks to be recorded without the need for scanners or copiers
- A G-Cloud 10 supplier – Government Digital Service and Crown Commercial Service – Digital Marketplace supplier
For further information on KPMG’s Right to Work app or a free demonstration, please contact us.
© 2021 KPMG LLP a UK limited liability partnership and a member firm of the KPMG global organisation of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited, a private English company limited by guarantee. All rights reserved.
For more detail about the structure of the KPMG global organisation please visit https://home.kpmg/governance.