Alex has been with KPMG for 15 years, working in the restructuring teams in both London, UK and George Town, Cayman Islands (2007-2011). Whilst working primarily in the financial services sector, his clients have spanned a broad range of industries including consumer finance, banking, alternative investment management, property, aerospace, light manufacturing, retail and insurance. Alex is a qualified insolvency practitioner and the majority of his work has been insolvency based, but more recent work includes turnaround and advisory restructuring work.
Professional and Industry Experience:
- Curo Transatlantic Limited and SRC Transatlantic Limited (both in Administration), engagement manager advising two high cost short term credit lenders with respect to their strategic options, and a proposed scheme of arrangement. Alex has managed the subsequent administration of the businesses, including regulatory obligations, data and modelling, communications, customer services and credit reference agency reporting, particularly in respect of a digital approach to 330,000 customers potentially due redress.
- MF Global UK Limited in Special Administration, managing the launch of a creditors voluntary arrangement and associated financial modelling, stakeholder management and information disclosure.
- Welcome Financial Services Limited in liquidation, engagement manager responsible for the strategic planning and analysis to wind down the company through a scheme of arrangement, and the company’s subsequent entry into liquidation.
- IBRC Ltd in Special Liquidation, management of swap mis-selling litigation claims against the Bank, and managed wind down of UK branch
- Aero Inventory PLC in Administration, Administration and turnaround of an aerospace surplus spares business, engagement manager including worldwide tax, financial control and reporting, online sales and marketing, creditor reporting including EOS and wind down.
- A Commercial Property Group, Administration of retail focussed commercial property portfolio
- A Bank, delivery of restructuring plan under EU state aid rules (Greece)
- Bear Stearns High-Grade Structured Credit Strategies Master Fund, Ltd and Bear Stearns High-Grade Structured Credit Strategies Enhanced Leverage Master Fund, Ltd (both in Official Liquidation), winding up $2 billion sub-prime mortgage funds, including asset realisation, litigation, claim adjudication, and distributions (Cayman)
- A Special Economic Zone, start-up business plan and economic impact modelling (Cayman)
- G Square Finance 2006-2 Ltd Receivership, winding up a CDO (Cayman)
- PetroProd Limited Provisional Liquidation, asset tracing and realisation of various floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) marine assets (Cayman)
- Univest Multi-Strategy Funds, liquidation of a group of collapsed hedge funds (Cayman)