Martijn is a partner in the London office, specialised in cyber security and digital. Martijn has been with KPMG since 1999 and has worked for the Dutch, Australian and UK member firms. During 2015 and 2016, Martijn took a two-year career break from KPMG to run the European technology start-up Localz that provides location management services to enterprise clients and improves last mile delivery, collections and customer engagement.
Martijn's experience includes:
- Experienced and committed digital and cyber risk executive with a track record in successfully building sustainable businesses.
- Led and delivered 70+ cyber security engagements for KPMG’s largest clients across the United Kingdom, Australia and the Netherlands.
- Established KPMG’s Identity & Access Management (IAM) team in the UK, helping customer design and implement joiner/mover/leaver processes, role based access control, access and SoD certifications, privileged access management and implementation and integration of IAM technology, including SailPoint, Oracle, SAP GRC and CyberArk.
- Managing director of multi-award winning digital start-up Localz in Europe. Localz’ SAAS technology is used by various multination enterprises to trigger digital processes based on the physical location of people or things. Localz software is used in approximately 10% of UK’s smartphones.
- Localz’ Chief Information Security Officer and responsible for protecting Localz systems and customer data across a fully cloud based environment, leveraging automated and continuous production deployments.