Tim has worked in the field of international tax for 20 years, specialising in value chain management (VCM), IP planning and operating model restructuring since 2007. He has a particular focus on geography and location, helping companies to adapt to changes in the global landscape of tax, labour, trading flows and geopolitics.
Tim’s clients span a range of sectors, from oil and gas to consumer markets. Recent projects include:
- Global intellectual property (IP) and operating model review for an automotive original equipment manufacturer (OEM), including planning for transfer of technology internet protocol (IP) from Europe to US and optimisation of group innovation incentives.
- Integration of brand and technology IP for an online gaming group following an acquisition of a large UK business.
- Value chain analysis and base erosion and profit shifting (BEPS) risk assessment for a European headquartered toy manufacturer.
- Design and implementation of a Rest of World IP structure and operating model for an Australian based toy manufacturer.
- Onshoring of pharmaceutical IP to the UK and establishment of a global licensing and trading model.
- Assessing the brexit impact on UK principal models and advising on operating model changes for companies in industrial manufacturing, consumer goods and life sciences sectors.