Nicky has over 20 years of industry and advisory experience in operational excellence and business transformation, and lean management across wide range of industries and geographies.
Nicky has professional experience in delivering operational excellence transformations across Europe, North America and Africa. Her work has covered a broad range of industries and sectors; healthcare and hospital operations, automotive, aerospace, consumer goods manufacturing, financial services (banking & insurance), and international NGOs. Examples include:
- Led a Lean management transformation of a hospital Radiology department, with impact of £2.5million by reducing additional cost for planned extended opening hours, improved patient flow and imaging efficiency and reduced length of stay by c1000 bed days.
- Facilitated and led a Financial Efficiency Programme to improve the quality and financial agenda across multiple different hospital directorates. Overall savings identified were £7.72million with £6.96million delivered by end of that financial year (FY).
- Introduced lean management to Fund Accounting for an international financial services client through a lean transformation, identifying over 40% capacity creation opportunity.
- Conducted a full lean transformation of insurance branches for a large USA insurance client, reducing pain points in customer service and generating ~20% extra capacity
- Conducted a lean diagnostic and lean transformation for a sanitary paper manufacturer in the UK, focusing on generating an uplift of 40% in Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) to support the manufacturing strategy.
Master’s degree, (MEng Euro), Mechanical Engineering with European Studies, Southampton University
Chartered Engineer CEng, The Engineering Council
Member, Institution of Mechanical Engineers (MIMechE)