Stefan has been with KPMG since 2005 where he started at the KPMG Paris office working on buy side due diligence assignments and statutory audits. He currently serves as a Director in KPMG’s Restructuring team in London where he has traditionally advised major lenders and other stakeholders to distressed businesses. The projects that Stefan has been involved in have varied in both size and sector and in 2012/13 completed a 12 month secondment to a work-out team of a major international clearing bank having worked on a variety of different assignments.
Recent relevant industry experience
- Stefan is currently working in Cyprus on a long secondment (since July 2014) with one of the country’s largest banks. His role has evolved and grown over time as the Bank’s strategy in tackling it’s non-performing loans (NPL)s has expanded from in house organic work out to large scale mergers and accqusitions (M&A) solutions.
- Stefan has played a crucial role in bank’s wider turnaround initiative that has included leading the restructuring of over €0.7 billion of distressed lending, implementing an in house Real estate management unit for the bank that now has over €1.4 billion of assets under management and leading the execution of the Cyprus’s first and only jumbo NPL trade of €5.7 billion to an American investor
- Off the back of the success of the first NPL trade, Stefan has been asked to lead the Bank’s second NPL trade and remains working in Cyprus full time to deliver the project.
- Stefan’s role has seen him operate across an number of different sectors but most recently this has involved in the European banking sector.
- His works with a wide and varied client base, both advising corporates and lending institutions including commercial and investment banks and hedge funds.