Sam has over eight years’ restructuring experience working with stressed and distressed corporates and their stakeholders across a wide range of sectors.
Sam joined the KPMG restructuring team in Melbourne, Australia in 2012 and worked on a variety of restructuring, cash management and insolvency engagements across multiple industries. Sam moved to London in 2017, focussing on financial restructurings and cash management.
Sam has been involved in a number of financial restructuring, cash management and insolvency engagements, including:
- Advising the senior lenders to a PE-backed flexible power generation business. Our role included a short term cash flow review, independent business review, and ongoing negotiation support and stakeholder management, culminating in a consensual solution involving the shareholder injecting new money and lenders restating the facility;
- Advising and supporting an ASX-listed industrial chemical manufacturer in negotiations with stakeholders regarding emergency liquidity funding through a period of distress;
- Advising the syndicate of lenders to a UK-based waste PFI deal with over £150 million in debt. Our work involved ongoing cash flow reviews of the SPV as well as various option reviews and negotiation advice and support;
- Advising the international parent company of a UK-based tyre manufacturer to understand its cash requirements and strategic options to fund the subsidiary via debt and the financial implications of the options;
- Advising a stakeholder to a mining services corporate in relation to the restructure of its debt;
- Advising a fund manager in relation to its investment in an underperforming retail property investment with c.£130 million debt, including a cash flow review and assessment of options for the refinance or restructuring of the entity’s debt;