Stewart has 14 years of treasury advisory, accounting and audit experience from working in KPMG’s corporate treasury services function. Stewart has extensive experience leading treasury advisory and audit engagements, including transformation projects, risk management assessments, system selections/implementations, financial instrument valuations, regulation and accounting advisory.
Recent experience includes:
- Global hotel and restaurant company – Created a target operating model for the treasury function and selected a treasury management system to be implemented across the global organisation.
- Global food group – Led a transformation project to create a market leading treasury function, including systems, policies and processes, utilising digital applications and automation.
- Power company – Collated, documented and reviewed foreign exchange exposures across the Group, assessed the current foreign exchange risk (FX) risk management policies and procedures, and provided recommendations to improve risk management strategies.
- Global commodity company – Seconded to directly support the Finance Director by undertaking a forensic investigation, obtaining evidence and analysing historic hedging transactions.
- Diverse range of Treasury internal audits – Led a wide range of internal audit reviews covering group and regional treasury functions, commodities, housing associations and charities. Reviews have covered governance and reporting, risk management frameworks, policy documentation, processes and controls, cash management, FX, interest rate, commodity and inflation exposure analysis and detailed assessments of a wide range of treasury management systems.
- Various Financial Times Stock Exchange (FTSE350) and international companies – Responsible for treasury statutory audits which include International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS 9) and Intangible Assets (IAS 39) hedge accounting assessments, financial instrument valuations, control reviews, assessment of policies and procedures, and statutory account disclosures.