Charles joined KPMG as an Associate Director in October 2006 from FTC Kaplan, one of the UK’s leading financial training companies.
Charles has a wide range of experience in IFRS and accounting support, ranging from advising on the IFRS implications of transactions, IFRS conversion exercises and training businesses on the implementation and effects of IFRS. Examples of his experience include:
- IFRS advice on transactions and other projects. For example Charles is responsible for highlighting where transactions and processes are not best practice under IFRS or where there may be alternative policies and processes that better meet business needs.
- GAAP conversions. Charles has been involved in GAAP conversions to identify the impact of applying different accounting policies, creating the tools and workbooks needed to capture the data required to prepare adjustments and the necessary disclosure requirements, prepare the statutory financial statements for audit and ultimately liaise with the auditors on the financial statements prepared.
- Preparation of carve-out financial statements. Charles has prepared carve-out financial statements for several companies meeting the requirements of both IFRS and US GAAP. This has involved determining the basis of preparation, identifying where data can be derived and the data gaps, and managing the accounts preparation and audit liaison.
- Providing accounting advice and support for accounting opinions on different IFRS areas. Charles has experience of many aspects of IFRS, in particular tax accounting, structured transactions, service concession arrangements and complex leasing arrangements.
- In addition to the above projects, Charles has extensive experience in training and consulting with businesses on their accounting policies. He has trained finance functions and non finance professionals on all aspects of IFRS both from a technical standpoint and from the process and wider business perspective.