Alex is a Director at KPMG’s Financial Services Cyber practice in the UK with an extensive background in cyber security, security operations and automation, data privacy and data protection, and a successful track record in leading large scale business transformation programmes. Alex has well rounded experience in security advisory services and programme delivery within all industry sectors, with a specific focus on Financial Services, Telecom/Media and Healthcare sectors.
She is leading the Security Operations practice of KPMG in the UK supporting clients with the implementation of SOC capabilities and driving SOC improvements through automation and orchestration (SOAR technology).
Alex has also been instrumental in leading the Digital Security Services for KPMG in the UK, delivering large scale digital transformation programmes and embedding security within these. She is helping clients secure their digital services portfolio and driving operational efficiencies across complex global organisations, while developing robust target operating models, digital security strategy and roadmap.
Her professional and industry experience:
- Led many large global security initiatives including global Identity and Access Management (IAM) rollouts, security assessments and risk assurance engagements, implementation of large scale vulnerability management solutions, incident response coordination, cross border data sharing risk analysis and target operating model development for global banks and insurers, SOC assessment and build, third party security assurance, cyber and digital channel security.
- With the emerging privacy regulations, Alex has been helping organisations balance the stringent data privacy and protection regulatory demands with the need to enhance brand trust and rethink the concept of value exchange to drive better customer engagement levels and maximise business value from data.
- Responsible for programme delivery for a large number of security projects including security assurance engagement, digital channel security assessments, security benchmarking, data privacy target operating model development, security risk assessments and global security transformation programmes.
- Setting up managed security operation centres and driving process optimisation to enable increased process, business and cost efficiencies. Driving SOC improvement work through security automation and orchestration.
- Responsible for assessing, designing and implementing robust security governance frameworks for medium to large organisations.
- Led complex IAM transformation programme for a global media company. Responsible for data privacy and protection, and data governance and transformation programmes for clients across different industry sectors, largest of which held over 22 million customer records for which data privacy and protection were essential.
- Planning and coordination of IAM data migration activities for global telco organisation (over 38 country rollout) exceeding 200,000 internal users and over 4 million entitlements, and thousands of external users.
- Led the first POC for OIM 11g R2 via the Oracle Beta Programme (the client being an early adopter of the OIM 11g R2 product)