The pivot to private assets has been building momentum in recent years and is breaking into the mainstream – but it isn’t as easy as it sounds.
Welcome to a new series of blogs and videos, focusing on the untapped potential of private assets. I’m Zeynep Meric-Smith, Partner and Head of Private Assets within our Wealth & Asset Management practice. In this series of broadcasts, we’re looking to share our insights on the different dynamics, challenges and opportunities that growth into multi-private asset class capabilities brings.
In the above video, I consider a few key themes we’re currently seeing in the market:
- New entrants into alternatives, leveraging their public markets strength and brand to acquire or obtain access to specialist investment opportunities
- Considerable private investment opportunities, both in emerging markets and also from a shift in capital formation
- Solution and product creation for an expanding investor base, including tokenisation and digital assets
- Increase in ESG-related considerations, both from an investment perspective, but also from the manager’s own reputational brand perspective
- Large institutional allocators focusing on a smaller number of managers with larger individual ticket sizes
I hope you enjoy this first episode of what should be an insightful series of content. If you would like to discuss in detail, please don’t hesitate to reach out directly.