1. Leverage HR expertise to maintain employees’ physical and mental well-being:
- Make remote-working arrangements if possible.
- Exercise best-in-practice corporate social responsibility regarding employee stability, environment, wider society and economy, pursuing ways to support response efforts.
- Develop a back-up plan for impacted staff that may include contingencies for more automation, remote-working arrangements, or other flexible resourcing in response to personnel constraints.
- Reassess organization-wide travel policies.
- Leverage available internal and external technology to aid collaboration and equip employees with necessary tools to work remotely both in affected areas and with individuals in affected areas as seamlessly as possible.
2. Be cautious about proper pricing of essential goods, such as hand sanitizer and face masks, during the crisis period.