KPMG's Global Energy network works with major organizations in a variety of energy related sectors to respond to business issues and trends.
Global Energy network responds to business issues and trends.
Energy & Natural Resources
The Energy industries, particularly those in the Oil & Gas sector, are vital to the continuing growth and development of the Trinidad and Tobago economy. KPMG in Trinidad and Tobago has invested in its energy
practice over the past couple of years to achieve its goal of being regarded as
one of the country’s leading advisors in the market.
Bringing together both local expertise and specialist resources drawn from other KPMG firms, including resources with first hand oil & gas industry experience, we are able to provide our clients with specific, tailor-made solutions to their complex business needs.
KPMG's Energy Practice is a multidisciplinary team with deep industry
experience. We offer customized, industry-focused Audit, Tax, and Advisory
services. Our industry-trained and highly qualified professionals focus on your
specific needs and draw on international resources when required.
KPMG's Energy professionals serve organizations operating in the following sectors:
Oil & Gas
Power & Utilities
As growing demand for oil and gas puts increasing pressure on existing
reserves, a renewed focus is underway to locate new resources, with a
requirement for significant new investment in exploration and development
activities. These activities give rise to a range of important issues,
- managing remote location risk
- rationalising costs
- managing tax expenses
- improving systems and processes.
How KPMG can help
With support from KPMG’s Global Oil & Gas Centres of Excellence,
and our new Global Energy
Institute, we offer a range of services relevant to the needs
of the oil and gas industry, including:
- Financial statement audit – both statutory and for joint venture
- Information technology assurance and advisory
- Tax compliance and advisory (corporate, indirect, expatriate)
- Capital and operating expenditure monitoring
- Corporate governance support
- Forensic support and dispute advisory services
- Business process improvement
- Internal audit, risk and control services
- Capital structure efficiency and debt advisory
- Transaction opportunity identification and negotiation support
- Financial due diligence and tax structuring advice
- Corporate finance and valuations.
We have established relationships with the Trinidad and Tobago Energy
Chamber, the Ministry of Energy and Energy Affairs, the Board of Inland Revenue and other relevant ministries and departments. Through these relationships and those with our clients, we are able to contribute to relevant debates over topical industry issues.