The ASEAN+ Practice Group acts as a priority gateway to assist firms doing business in ASEAN+ countries with their investments in Thailand.
Acts as a priority gateway to assist firms doing business in ASEAN+ countries.
ASEAN+ is KPMG’s cross-functional integrated service team established to support companies looking to expand, invest, and operate their business in ASEAN. We act as a strategic partner working closely with our clients to help them identify opportunities and mitigate risks in order to create long-term value and sustainable growth. While assisting domestic and international businesses in investment across the region and beyond, we focus on fast-growing emerging countries including Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Vietnam (CLMV).
CLMV countries are one of the most attractive markets for foreign direct investments due to their high growth potential, proven resilience and diverse opportunities in different sectors for both small and large businesses. Coupled with the ASEAN community’s roadmap to ‘Empower ASEAN 4.0’, the region will prioritize development in digital infrastructure and digital connectivity. The region’s priorities, coupled with their open trade policy and advantageous geographical location, have made CLMV an attractive prospect for investors.
Considerations for ASEAN investment
Considering the substantial and sustainable economic growth of ASEAN countries, and CLMV in particular, many businesses have made a great deal of effort to penetrate and build-up their presence in these markets. Cross border investments can be complex and requires investors to assess different areas such as:
- Local tax rules
- Foreign investment law
- Marketing and commercial trends
- Cultural and language barriers
- Workforce regulations
- Availability of skilled labor
- Financial reporting and accounting issues
- Infrastructure and logistics
- Corporate governance and controls
- Funding structure and treasury management
How we can help
Connected through KPMG’s global network, we bring together professionals across the globe with different skills as well as extensive experience in strategic investment throughout all stages of the business life cycle. Our cross-border teams work together to assist our clients to succeed in various ways, including:
- Market entry appraisal, strategy development and execution
- Investment opportunity identifcation and analysis
- Commercial, financial, tax and legal due diligence
- Joint-venture design and execution
- Partnering and fixing a business
- Business valuation and financial modeling
- Tax structuring and advice
- Sale and purchase agreement advice and deal negotiation
- Post-merger integration and separation
- Digital transformation and IT assurance services
- Business process and internal control implementation and/or improvement
- Accounting advisory service (e.g. GAAP conversion)
- Assurance services
We offer global connectivity through KPMG’s ASEAN+ team with significant hands on involvement from our senior members who will be fully accountable and on-call throughout your investment life cycle to help create long-term business value.
We help businesses by navigating them through these complexities and help unlock value by identifying key risks and opportunities at every stage of the acquisition.