Dear Valued Clients,
The health and well-being of our people is our primary concern, yet despite numerous precautionary measures, we regrettably confirm that two of our staff from our KPMG in Thailand office have been diagnosed with COVID-19 on 8 April 2021.
- Staff member 1: Has not been in the KPMG office at Empire Tower for at least the past 14 days.
- Staff member 2: After having contact with a suspected COVID-19 person on the evening of 2 April, the only time this person, who is working in administration, was in the office was once, on 7 April 2021, from 7:59 – 8:59 am.
We send our best wishes to them and to their family and friends and wish them a swift return to health.
For the safety and well-being of our customers and employees, and in compliance with our COVID-19 preventive measures and guidelines related health agencies, we have implemented the following measures:
- We have notified the Empire Tower building management and related agencies
- Our office space will be closed and we will undergo deep cleaning and sanitization. We will reopen again on 19 April 2021.
- We have identified KPMG staff who are at risk from this situation and they will take appropriate action.
- All clients who have had any contact with our member of staff who tested positive for COVID-19 have been contacted.
- We advised staff who may have visited areas where COVID-19 outbreaks have been publicized to self-quarantine and monitor their symptoms. If symptoms arise, they are advised to immediately contact health authorities.
We are confident this will not disrupt work performed for our clients, as our secure network enables our people to work remotely and access the firm’s networks, tools and resources seamlessly. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and we thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Chief Executive Officer, KPMG in Thailand, Myanmar and Laos