[Webcast] Managing in challenging times: The Future of Tax and Legal – Session 12
Join our webcast on 9 June 2020 – Session 12 | What does being a responsible taxpayer look like in this era of recovery?
9 June 2020 | What does being a responsible taxpayer look like in this era of recovery?
What does being a responsible taxpayer look like in this era of recovery?
Managing in challenging times. The future of tax & legal: Virtual meeting series hosted by KPMG's Global Tax & Legal
📅 Tuesday, 9 June 2020
⌚ 7:00 P.M. - 8:30 P.M. ( Thailand time)
🎫 Registration: https://event.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1317563&tp_key=0f4522e7fc
As many jurisdictions begin to emerge from the initial response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), what does the new reality look like from a Responsible Tax perspective? In this session, we will consider how the tax transparency debate will evolve, the roles and responsibilities of directors, the future direction that governments may take to repair their fiscal deficits, and the extent to which tax authorities may seek to recoup subsidies and other benefits claimed by businesses during COVID-19. We will explore such questions as:
- How are governments likely to balance the need to stimulate the recovery versus the need for fiscal consolidation to pay off deficits?
- Will multilateralism or unilateralism ultimately win as jurisdictions act quickly?
- Will the world maintain its interest in shifting to a greener economy as opposed to putting these issues on hold to focus on growth?
- How will organizations be measured in terms of their contributions to society during this time?
- What will Responsible Tax look like in the new reality ahead?
Suggested audience: Heads of Tax, Tax Directors, Heads of Finance and other business leaders from financial services institutions
🎫 Join us in what will be a lively and informative session. https://event.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1317563&tp_key=0f4522e7fc