Assistant Manager/Senior Associate - International Tax
The International Tax practice at KPMG in Thailand consists of Thai and foreign tax professionals who have global experience in providing meaningful advice and implementation support to multinational enterprises on cross-border tax matters. With extensive work experience in Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, and Asia Pacific, we help our clients navigate the complexities of multiple tax systems and work with them to manage the potential impact of the OECD’s Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) project and anti-avoidance measures across the globe.
Being at the forefront of BEPS 2.0 in Thailand, we are expanding our team and looking for an individual with 2 – 4 years’ post-qualification experience in Thailand to support us on current and future BEPS 2.0 engagements and go-to-market activities. We will consider candidates with less or more relevant experience in Thailand or overseas on their merits.
This is a great opportunity for highly motivated self-starters and team players who can articulate ideas, show initiative to problem-solve, demonstrate maturity and good judgment, meet strict deadlines, and manage communications with several stakeholders in Thailand and overseas effectively. Successful candidates will receive frequent mentoring and coaching from partners and engagement managers as well as their performance managers to help them realize their potential and achieve their career goals in international tax.
Successful candidates will work as part of a client service team of typically 3 – 5 professionals in each project. They will get an opportunity to develop their skills and work on a wide range of domestic and international projects (from both tax advisory and compliance perspectives) for multinational clients across different sectors and continents. Besides BEPS 2.0 related tasks, the work may involve advising clients on cross-border tax structuring, profit repatriation and capital re-deployment, operating model and supply chain design and restructuring, M&A deal transaction support (including tax due diligence, acquisition structuring, transaction document review, tax modeling, and post-deal work), as well as in-bound transaction support and compliance services.
Successful candidates will be expected to assume a high level of responsibility to perform the following tasks.
- Support engagement associate directors/managers and partners/directors from the outset of client and engagement acceptance stages (including know-your-client and risk management assessments, proposal preparation, budgeting, coordination with various working teams in different service lines and foreign offices, ongoing communication and relationship building with clients, and identification of business needs/problems as well as fit-for-purpose solutions)
- Research, write and review client tax advice, prepare tax reports and presentations, perform tax calculations and modeling
- Keep abreast of recent domestic and international tax developments (including the OECD’s BEPS project) with a focus on ensuring that clients are well informed, and our advice is timely and of high quality
- Participate in client meetings and ensure that key issues and action points are well documented and communicated to relevant stakeholders
- Project manage multiple client service teams and other parties on an ongoing basis on cross-border tax advisory work and/or M&A transactions
- Assist with conducting regular knowledge sharing sessions to bring colleagues up to speed on tax issues and audit practices
- Assist with business development and go-to-market activities (including preparation of thought leadership materials and coordination with colleagues in different service lines and foreign offices)
- Develop a career plan with a focus on three areas – client, people, and firm – and work with the performance manager and colleagues on an ongoing basis to identify potential areas of growth
Qualifications and Skills
- 2 – 4 years’ post-qualification experience in international tax, M&A, and/or transfer pricing at an accounting firm, a law firm, and/or a multinational company (candidates with less or more experience in other areas of tax or discipline or from different types of organization will be considered on their merits)
- Experience in supporting large-scale and/or multi-jurisdictional projects preferred (for Assistant Manager) but not a must-have
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master’s degree in relevant fields (e.g., Law, Accounting, Finance, Economics) from an accredited college/university in Thailand or overseas
- Internationally recognized qualifications preferred (e.g., CTA, ADIT, ACCA, CPA) but not a must-have
- Knowledge of tax accounting, including deferred tax is beneficial
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Strong project and time management skills (for Assistant Manager) and ability to work well under pressure while handling multiple engagements and activities at once
- Excellent research and communication skills
We offer the successful candidate an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
To apply please send your CV stating your current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
or Tel: 02-677-2000 ext.2045
Interested candidates, please submit your profile via email to email@example.com or the KPMG Online Application.