We believe a real commitment to corporate responsibility (CR) unites an organization, strengthens its reputation and creates vital links with the communities in which it operates. KPMG is recognized for the efforts we make to alleviate poverty, support education and protect the environment around the world. KPMG member firms work diligently with other companies, governments and non-government organizations to address these problems and make a positive difference in peoples’ health, welfare and prosperity.
- Membership in Global Compact/ Global Compact LEAD
KPMG is a member of the Global Compact, a strategic initiative of the United Nations. It is a call to companies everywhere to align their operations and strategies with ten universally accepted principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption. We are also a member of Global Compact LEAD, a platform founded in 2011 that brings together companies committed to be an example of efforts to increase sustainability within their organizations and beyond.
- Our city
KPMG is are one of the founding members of the Engage group in Slovakia which connects businesses suppporting volunteerism of their employees. Every year we are involved in the largest volunteer event in Slovakia called Our city. There have been already more than 280 KPMG employees participating in this project who have worked together more than 1,100 volunteer hours.
- The Global Green Initiative
Project founded in 2008 by KPMG International which addresses climate change impacts. In Slovakia we annually monitor and strive to minimaze our impact on the environment with the actions like e.g.:
- separation of waste and WEEE (waste of electrical and electronic equipment) collection. We have been awarded for this project by The Environmental Company certificate.;
- measures to reduce paper and energy consumption;
- secured parking facilities for bicycles what enables our employees to commute to work ecologically;
- educational events on environmental issues in order to raise awareness about the need for its protection.