Singapore is a leading financial services hub and is a renowned gateway to the South East Asian region. It is increasingly recognised for its vibrant private banking and fiduciary ecosystem. The combination of the financial environment and a high degree of liveability means that Singapore is a place where High Net Wealth (HNW) individuals often choose to live and manage their accumulated wealth.
The number of planning options for a HNW individual can be overwhelming. It is sometimes difficult to determine what is the most appropriate option from both a personal planning and structuring perspective. There are subtle yet important distinctions between the various options. This is further complicated by the international tax and legal environment which is in a constant state of flux.
How we can help
The Family Office & Private Client team at KPMG in Singapore comprise a team of professionals with deep expertise in the unique challenges and opportunities faced by HNW clients. We are also able to integrate personal planning with concepts that are more familiar in an institutional context. This includes the use of single-family offices as a captive vehicle for the management of family wealth.
We are able to leverage the considerable subject matter expertise of the KPMG network as part of the provision of services as a trusted advisor. Our expertise can be augmented with the input of other external service providers where required. This includes the input of lawyers who may be required to advise on matrimonial, trusts law and probate matters should they arise. The flexible and dynamic nature of our service delivery means that we are able to work in seamless manner with a HNW directly or with their team of existing advisors.
Our services cover a range of both Singapore and foreign tax and legal issues. Please note that where legal or foreign tax input is required, we are able to work in an integrated fashion with external counsel or together with foreign member firms of the KPMG network.
- Structuring and tax advisory. This includes in relation to Singapore’s suite of fund tax incentives such as Section 13X and Section 13R
- Corporate governance, regulatory and compliance advisory
- Corporate finance and deal advisory
- Due diligence and transaction support
- Philanthropy consulting
- Corporate secretarial
- Virtual family office – accounting, bookkeeping and payroll
- Statutory and non-statutory audit
- Accounting advisory, including forensic accounting
- Licensing and regulatory compliance
- CRS and FATCA advisory and compliance
- Income tax and GST compliance
- Transfer pricing analysis and documentation
- Personal tax planning and compliance
- Inbound and outbound migration
- US personal tax issues including disclosures, expatriation, and migration
- Succession and wealth planning
- Real estate structuring
- Family governance
- Probate administration
- Disputes advisory
Singapore Tax Firm of the Year – Asia Tax Awards 2020, International Tax Review
Asia Tax Firm of the Year – Asia Tax Awards 2020, International Tax Review
Asia Tax Innovator of the Year – Asia Tax Awards 2020, International Tax Review
Tax Litigation and Disputes Firm of the Year – Asia Pacific Tax Awards 2021, International Tax Review
Regional Tax Compliance and Reporting Firm of the Year – Asia Pacific Tax Awards 2021, International Tax Review