Ten key regulatory challenges facing the financial services industry
Ten key regulatory challenges facing the FS
Our perspective on ten of the key regulatory issues currently facing financial services firms.
The U.S. election has introduced a new level of uncertainty into the challenging regulatory environment for financial services firms. Recognizing that during 2017 the new Administration may change elements of the existing regulatory landscape, we offer our perspective on ten of the key regulatory issues currently facing financial services firms.
The ten key regulatory themes include:
- Strengthening enterprise risk governance and culture
- Transforming the effectiveness and sustainability of compliance
- Examining possible new approaches to managing capital and liquidity
- Managing the complexities of cross-border regulatory standards
- Adjusting to the changing scope of consumer financial protection
- Emphasizing cybersecurity while protecting consumer data privacy
- Addressing pressures from innovators and new market entrants
- Managing compliance surveillance and financial crimes
- Reforming regulatory reporting
- Using risk data aggregation and reporting for improved enterprise risk management and transparency
Please take the time to read through the attached paper, Ten Key Regulatory Challenges Facing the Financial Services Industry in 2017. KPMG has great depth in each of these areas, and we would be happy to discuss them with you in more detail.