As this crisis impacts every aspect of our lives, we believe that our support for communities must be focused. Our actions and strategy for all COVID-19 community engagements are guided by five principles:
- Safeguard our people and our communities.
- Ensure everything we do is needs driven.
- Leverage our core competencies as a professional services organisation.
- Build on established societal relationships.
- Coordinate across our network and with external stakeholders.
Here are some of our efforts in doing what matters:
- In March, we are heartened to have been able to be a part of Temasek Foundation’s Stay Prepared initiative, #BYOBclean, where our staff volunteers contributed their time and efforts to ensure households in Singapore are provided with alcohol-free sanitisers to help combat the virus.
- In April, the firm donated laptops to students from underprivileged backgrounds to ensure that learning does not stop as many institutions embarked on home-based learning.
- In May, staff from across the firm came together to raise funds to provide basic grocery and meals to vulnerable families in Potong Pasir and Jurong. Collectively, we raised a total of $82,000 to help them tide over this challenging period where many are facing job loss, family violence and conflict.
- Our staff members joined the Singapore government in its battle against COVID-19 in two initiatives – Project Safe Distancing and the SG Clean campaign. Both initiatives saw our staff helping to uplift sanitation and hygiene standards in the tourism sector.