A series of articles focusing on strategic planning, supplier relationships and technology in the global mining industry.
Series of articles focusing on strategic planning and technology in the mining industry.
- Deal advisory is increasingly driven by a need for innovation
- Automation and robotics are becoming integral to the industry
- New financiers are entering the market, such as PE houses
- Innovation is the new buzz word in energy and natural resources
- The procurement process should be carefully monitored, to ensure that employees are ordering correctly and suppliers are meeting contractual terms
- Closer relationships with suppliers can secure availability of parts and equipment at optimal prices and lead to improved material management.
- Master data management is a huge challenge, and mining companies must enforce good governance and standardization of product names to receive the right items at the agreed prices.
© 2022 Copyright owned by one or more of the KPMG International entities. KPMG International entities provide no services to clients. All rights reserved.
KPMG refers to the global organization or to one or more of the member firms of KPMG International Limited (“KPMG International”), each of which is a separate legal entity. KPMG International Limited is a private English company limited by guarantee and does not provide services to clients. For more detail about our structure please visit https://home.kpmg/governance.
Member firms of the KPMG network of independent firms are affiliated with KPMG International. KPMG International provides no client services. No member firm has any authority to obligate or bind KPMG International or any other member firm vis-à-vis third parties, nor does KPMG International have any such authority to obligate or bind any member firm.