Mergers and Acquisitions
We support our clients through the entire deal process - from initial structuring to closing the deal - and in post deal implementation of the strategic plan. We use our knowledge and experience to select transaction structures that, so far as possible, are not exposed to changes in tax legislation and that can stand up to the tax authorities’ scrutiny in the future.
How can KPMG help?
KPMG’s M&A Tax team can help investors properly prepare for and then execute transactions in a way that reduces or avoids financial pitfalls and unwelcome post-transaction surprises.
Working in conjunction with KPMG's Transaction Services Group, we offer a range of pre- and post-deal M&A tax services - whether the transaction is local or cross-border - which include:
- tax due diligence
- structuring an acquisition or disposition
- tax modeling
- vendor assistance
- post-deal integration
- M&A transactions are very time consuming: KPMG consultants can invest the needed time in deal support, allowing an investor's management to focus on the core business.
- Our global mindset is increasingly in demand, encompassing competitive auctions and vendor due diligence.
- Transparent structures - which KPMG consultants can implement - are increasingly required by banks and shareholders.
- Transactions are constantly increasing in complexity, requiring new and technical specialist knowledge possessed by our consultants.
- Cross-border transactions require project management and multi-jurisdictional teams due to the differences in law, regulations, business cultures, time zones and languages.
Partner, Tax & Legal, Mergers & Acquisitions
KPMG in the CIS
Director, Tax & Legal, M&A
KPMG in the CIS