KPMG's Indirect Tax services provide our clients with effective methods to manage payments and improve the overall cash flow of their company by reducing VAT and excise tax costs. If a company requires a quick, efficient and low-risk solution to specific VAT/excise problems rather than a comprehensive analysis, we focus on understanding the company's approach to risk and on that basis offer the best methods and solutions to address the identified problems.
How can KPMG help?
Analysis and management of VAT policies:
- analyse current approaches to VAT payment and risk assessment; development of risk mitigation policies;
- take measures to decrease the time necessary for VAT recovery;
- identify opportunities to improve cash flow when analysing VAT-related costs;
- provide ongoing VAT consultation.
VAT refunds and litigation:
- prepare VAT refunds at the pre-trial and trial stages;
- prepare a defence strategy for litigation or for tax audits;
- prepare requests for the Ministry of Finance to rule on regarding the proper application of tax law;
- draft amendments to Russian tax legislation.
Develop the VAT/Excise function:
- analyse existing procedures for VAT and excise tax accounting, and develop recommendations to improve them;
- provide recommendations on how to effectively allocate responsibilities, taking into account available resources;
- develop documentation policies;
- assist with the implementation of VAT accounting in ERP-systems.