In this report, we offer toll operators a unique view into the competitive landscape around the world. We look at technology investments and labor costs. We explore leakage levels and enforcement options. We share some of the risks and challenges at the top of the toll operator agenda.
This report also provides clear advice and practical insights to help toll operators start to improve their efficiency and prepare for the changing environment.
- The landscape is fundamentally changing. Toll road operators are increasingly competing against other modes of transport that are disrupting the mobility status quo.
- Technology plays a significant role in toll operational efficiency. Time and time again, our data shows that the most efficient operators are those who continuously invest into new technologies.
- Toll agencies must make better use of available technologies. That includes technologies to improve back office, payments, resource management and predictive analytics.
- Toll operators have access to valuable sources of data. They should be using that data to plan traffic flow, demand and investment and to support mobility ecosystem partners.
- Significant opportunities for improvement still exist. You can find many of them by analyzing your TCC, your workforce composition and your enforcement programs.