Marina joined KPMG in 2012 and has nearly 10 years’ experience advising Russian and international clients on real estate, construction and compliance matters. She has supported construction / reconstruction projects involving commercial, industrial and residential facilities.
Marina has extensive experience managing complex legal due diligence of Russian companies, and a particular focus on real estate, environmental protection, industrial safety and licensing issues.
Marina’s experience includes:
- structuring asset ownership structures in Russia for a large international Group in the retail, trading and rent business
- supporting the restructuring of companies in the Finnish construction group of companies in Russia
- performing legal due diligence of agricultural assets in Krasnodar Krai, Stavropol Krai, Rostov, Kursk, Lipetsk, Voronezh and Tambov regions
- conducting a real estate due diligence operation on the 13 aerodrome complexes in the Russian Federation (rights of airport companies to runways, parking areas, taxiways, aprons, flight terminals, etc.)
- managing legal pre-investment due diligence for companies that own land plots in Moscow seeking to launch residential construction projects
- performing legal due diligence on a target poultry industry company in Belgorod Region and providing full acquisition and transaction support
- managing legal due diligence of the target companies’ title to 19 shopping malls and land plots thereunder, as well as comprehensive analysis of aspects of the pledge/mortgage agreements to 19 shopping malls located in different regions of Russia
Marina is the author of several publications on real estate and compliance issues.
In the Media
An article for Company Lawyer magazine on changes to legislation and how they impact the environment in Russia.
An article for Economy and Life magazine on the specific legal aspects of acquiring agribusinesses in Russia.
An article for Arbitration Practice on what factors will convince the court if the lessee decides to early terminate the contract.