Alexander has been working with KPMG in Moscow since 2003. He has considerable advisory experience in taxation. Among hid clients are both Russian and foreign companies operating in various sectors of the economy.
Alexander's main areas of expertise are:
- tax risks' assessment related to “Deoffshorization” legislation in the course of tax review / audits of the Russian and foreign groups
- diagnostics of the holding, financial, licensing and other structures in view of risks associated with “Deoffshorization” legislation and preparation of recommendations on risks minimization
- development of holding, financial, trading and licensing structures considering recent trends in Russian and international legislation
- tax structuring of deals and investments projects, including joint venture structuring
- tax consulting projects on various Russian and international tax issues
Alexander is actively involved in preparing internal and external KPMG publications for clients, in particular related to the latest “Deoffshorization” legislation, global initiative of the Group 20/OECD in sphere of BEPS, etc.
Alexander also takes part in internal and external conferences on behalf of KPMG, covering international tax issues.
In the Media
Comments for Vedomosti on the withdrawal of Russian companies from foreign jurisdictions.
Comments for RBC on the costs of changing the jurisdiction of foreign holding companies.
Comments for Vedomosti on the effect of sanctions on the transfer of companies to SAR.
Comments for Kommersant on changes in SAR operating conditions
Comments for RBC on the dependence of SAR demand on the proposed tax benefits.
Comments for Forbes on the requirements for Russian companies to move to SAR.
Comments for Vedomosti on the mechanisms to prevent an outflow of tax revenues when companies move to the SAR.
Comments for Vedomosti on the inclusion of Russia in the draft grey tax list of jurisdictions.
Comments to Forbes on the results of the Destination: SAR survey prepared by KPMG.
For an archive of the speaker's earlier comments, interviews, and articles for the media see here.