Egor joined KPMG in 2016. Prior to this, Egor worked for major Russian law firms focusing on antitrust matters and compliance systems development.
Egor represented clients in the Federal Antimonopoly Service and court in connection with cases (disputes) on the markets of fast-moving consumer goods, bank services, insurance services, railroad operator services, freight cars, fishing industry, oxygen aircraft equipment, chemical industry products, telecommunication.
Egor leads a number of large-scale engagements, including:
- Analysing entrepreneurial activities of the industrial enterprises with respect to possible antimonopoly violations and antimonopoly compliance system development
- Advising clients on legal issues arising from the application of antitrust law, including in relation to agreements restricting competition, abuse of dominant position and unfair competition
- Challenging antitrust authority decisions and prescriptions in court
- In 2020 Egor has successfully coordinated with the Russian antimonopoly authority the agreement between the competitors on joint operating on the territory of Russia
- In 2019 he carried out analysis and prepared legal opinions on the issues of non-discriminatory access to natural monopolies services
- In 2017 Egor has performed legal advice on existing regulation of natural monopolies in foreign jurisdictions, including EU, USA, CIS, Norway
Egor participates in the projects connected with application of concession agreements legislation, public private partnership legislation, special investment contract regulations, production sharing agreement.
Examples of projects:
- Consulting on the issues of execution of concession agreement regarding industry and IT-technology objects
- Legal review of the concession agreement for compliance with requirements for such type of agreements, development of specific proposals on improvement of the current version of the concession agreement and introduction of priority amendments thereto
- Advising on group restructuring and holding companies relationships, taking into account the public-private partnership law and antitrust law, the law on foreign investments in Russian strategic enterprises
In the Media
Comments for the Association of Antitrust Experts' portal on a Supreme Court draft ruling related to the consideration by courts of cases that challenge the Federal Antimonopoly Service.
Comments for Kommersant on a draft law that makes more stringent the requirements for online services, and which adds new criteria for the approval of transactions in the sector.