Sergey has been working for KPMG since 2018 and is managing analytics department in power sector. Sergey has more than 15 years of work experience in energy companies and consulting in the Russian Federation, Germany and the CIS countries. Among his clients are Russian and foreign companies, as well as national power market regulators and international financial institutions. Sergey’s work experience includes:
- Diagnostic assessment of processing facilities and regulatory framework of electric power industry in different countries.
- Analysis of power system adequacy and security, assessment of possibility to integrate renewable energy facilities into power systems.
- Development of industry programs for reconstruction and development of power sector, including reconstruction and development after major system blackouts and during reformation and transition to competitive market and decarbonization.
- Due-diligence studies as well as technical and commercial due diligence of thermal and renewable generation construction.
- Procurement management for power generation construction and operation.
- WEPCM/REPM price modeling, long-term price forecasting, international pricing benchmarking in electric power industry.
- Analytical studies on energy market regulation, tariff regulation and cross-subsidization.
Sergey actively participates in preparation of internal and external KPMG publications for clients devoted to (including) Russian energy market development. He also participates in internal and external conferences on behalf of KPMG, focusing on issues related to global and national challenges and development trends in power industry.
In the Media
Comments for Kommersant on increasing electricity supplies to China.
Comments for Vedomosti on Inter RAO's key sales markets.
Comments for Vedomosti on investments in electrification of BAM and TransSiberian Railway.
Comments for Vedomosti on the concept of qualified energy-intensive consumers.
Comments for Kommersant on the outlook for electric power supplies from BelNPP.
Comments for Vedomosti on the recent trend of reduced investments in renewable energy in Russia.
Comments for Kommersant on the rise in electricity prices in several EU countries.
Comments for Izvestia on the export of Russian electricity to Finland and Lithuania.
Comments for Sputnik Belarus on growing export of electricity from Russia to the Baltic states.
An article for Rossiyskaya Gazeta on the introduction of requirements on the energy efficiency of goods in public procurement.
Comments for Kommersant on the forecast growth rate of the weighted average wholesale electricity price.
Comments for Eprussia.ru on cross-subsidies in the electric power industry.
Comments for Kommersant on the reduction in wholesale electricity prices in the EU in 2020.
Comments for Kommersant on electric charging infrastructure in Russia.
Comments for Rossiyskaya Gazeta on electricity prices.
Comments for Kommersant on the projected increase in the electricity costs after 2025.
Comments for Rueconomics on the main trends in Russian power industry.
Comments for Eprussia.ru on the impact of the environmental agenda on the electric power industry.
Comments for Rossiyskaya Gazeta on the share of electricity in the utility payments of an average household.
An article for Kommersant on microgeneration.
Comments for Kommersant on microgeneration.
Comments for Vedomosti on the outlook for Russian electricity export.
Comments for Kommersant on the payback period of peak power stations.
Comments for Kommersant on the specifics of the agreement on the electric power supply as part of emergency mutual assistance.
Comments for RBC on the rise in the residential electricity debt.
Comments for Kommersant on the import of electricity from Russia to Ukraine.
Comments for the Moscow. The City of the Future magazine on trends in using green energy in cities around the world.
Comments for Kommersant on Rosseti's shortfall in revenues.
For an archive of the speaker's earlier comments, interviews, and articles for the media see here.