Victor joined KPMG in 2018. Before KPMG, Victor worked at other international audit and advisory companies for 13 years, providing corporate and international taxation advisory services.
Victor helps clients find solutions in the following areas:
- Planning future tax burdens and reducing tax risks in international structures.
- Performing the most tax efficient asset restructurings, including with structures involving foreign companies.
- Assessing and minimising tax risks, including risks related to cross-border transactions.
- Planning the purchase and sale of assets, minimising tax risks and improving deal efficiency and future ownership structures.
- Defining a position to justify reduced tax rates, benefits, the deduction of expenses and to minimise tax risks.
- Assessing deoffshorization risks and planning the efficient ownership and management of assets to avoid tax risks and inefficiency.
Victor works with clients from various industries, including:
- Large international companies with Russian investments.
- Wealthy businessmen, capital owners and their family offices.
- Large and medium-sized Russian businesses.
Victor is a regular speaker at taxation and tax planning events.
In the Media
An interview for RBC TV on the consequences of revising the DTAAs for business.
Comments for Kommersant on the current definition of passive income and the lack of a definition of active work as potential sources of risks for CFC owners.
An article for Spear's on global and Russian trends in the taxation of wealthy clients.
Comments for Forbes on determining tax residency in 2020.
Comments for Vedomosti on the legal effect of OECD recommendations on implications of the COVID-19 crisis on tax residency.
Comments for RBC on how closed borders can change the number of tax residents in Russia.
Comments for Izvestia on making more stringent the tax policy for large businesses that withdraw money abroad as dividends.
For an archive of the speaker's earlier comments, interviews, and articles for the media see here.