Dmitry has broad experience in Russian and international taxation matters; taxation of deals, inter alia tax aspects of share purchase agreements, pre- and post-sale reorganization, deal and debt finance structuring.
Dmitry's key skills include:
- Advising on Russian taxation.
- Advising on international taxation, including taxation of cross-border transactions.
- Tax structuring of deals.
- Financial modelling of tax flows.
- Advising on tax aspects of ownership and financing structures’ reorganization.
Dmitry’s experience includes:
- Support in developing international structure for tax-efficient investment in a project with a value of over US$900 million.
- Leading projects on reorganization of ownership structures as well as trade and financial structures for going public or attracting private investors.
- Advising on taxation of cross-border capital flow.
- Advising on the upward adjustment of the value of assets for sale, including change in tax value of assets (“step-up in basis”).
- Leading projects on tax due diligence of Russian and international companies, including the ones with multi-billion dollar turnover.
- Participation in negotiations on tax aspects of sales purchase agreements. Approval of tax assurances and warranties.
- Participation in the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) as an expert.
Among Dmitry’s clients are both corporations and private equity funds operating in various sectors.