Alexey advises clients on real estate-related aspects of urban planning, land, and contractual laws. He leads Real Estate and Construction, Dispute Resolution, and Bankruptcy groups at KPMG. Alexey is a lawyer of the Moscow Bar Association and is admitted to practice in the state of New York.
Recently, Alexey’s team has participated in the following construction and real estate projects:
- Analyzing the performance of a major socially oriented construction company in St. Petersburg and developing scenarios for the company’s exit from bankruptcy
- Due diligence of a major Russian metals company
- Legal due diligence of mining assets located within the Severo-Payakhsky, Payakhsky, and Irkinsky license blocks
- Supporting a project to construct a car plant in the Moscow region for a foreign investor
- Legal due diligence of two major Russian development groups
- Legal due diligence and support of the acquisition of six poultry farms by a major agricultural holding company
- Legal due diligence and support of the transaction to buy more than 6,000 hectares of agricultural land in the Lipetsk region by a major agricultural holding company
Recent dispute resolution projects of Alexey’s team include:
- Representing the interests of the owner of land plots in Moscow (27 hectares) in disputes with Moscow government authorities to challenge decisions to change the urban planning status of the relevant territory and include the territory in an integrated development zone
- Representing the interests of a large developer in a dispute to challenge the developer’s transactions to buy the land plots where the largest shopping center in Russia is located
- Protecting the interests of a large investment company in a dispute over debt collection initiated in the ICAC
- Protecting the interests of a large manufacturer of household appliances in a dispute with the company’s contractor
Alexey has a number of publications in periodicals on real estate and procedural law issues.
In the Media
Comments for Vedomosti on the possibility of introducing a moratorium on bankruptcy.
An article for Legal Insight on whether a high price for an innovative product is acceptable.
Comments for Izvestia on the contents of the draft law on the bankruptcy of legal entities.
Comments for Forbes on a pledge management mechanism stipulated by the current version of the draft law of the Ministry of Economic Development on the bankruptcy of legal entities.
Comments for Izvestia on the updated version of the draft law on the bankruptcy of legal entities.
Comments for Vedomosti on the insolvency institution in Russia.
Comments for Izvestia on the consequences of the bankruptcy moratorium.
For an archive of the speaker's earlier comments, interviews, and articles for the media see here.