close
Share with your friends

Sponsorship: A positive influence without fiscal risks

Sponsorship: A positive influence without fiscal risks

No country can function without taxes. In the absence of a tax system, the state cannot provide public services such as health, security, education and infrastructure.

1000

Related content

However, Romanian legislation recognizes that there are other organizations, besides the state, that can have a positive influence on collective good. Any company in Romania may decide to redirect up to 20% of its corporate income tax or micro-enterprise tax to a non-profit entity as sponsorship. The state will always receive the remaining 80% (minus any other possible tax reductions).
 

© 2020 KPMG Romania S.R.L., a Romanian limited liability company and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”), a Swiss entity.

KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”) is a Swiss entity. Member firms of the KPMG network of independent firms are affiliated with KPMG International. KPMG International provides no client services. No member firm has any authority to obligate or bind KPMG International or any other member firm vis-à-vis third parties, nor does KPMG International have any such authority to obligate or bind any member firm.

Connect with us

 

Want to do business with KPMG?

 

loading image Request for proposal