Following the set of communications made public by the Portuguese Government during the last few days, a legislative package has just been published in the supplement to the Official Gazette (“Diário da República”) in response to the context of COVID-19.
Given this, companies/employers are now able to take their management decisions with accurate knowledge of the measures approved.
- With regards to the extraordinary measures on VAT, PIT, CIT, and social contributions, and in line with the Council of Ministers' communication dated March, 20th, some of the measures will be subject to eligibility limitations, namely with regards to the payment deferral of VAT, PIT and CIT withholdings and payment of social contributions.
Below you may find a summary (Portuguese version only) of such measures issued by the Portuguese Government, as well as the Decree-Law n.º 10-F/2020, 26th March approving it.
- From another standpoint, we would also like to highlight the changes in the applicable rules for the use of structural European funds, to allow advance payments.
Regarding Portugal 2020 incentives, the Decree-Law n.º 10-L/2020 gives legal framework to the measure of acceleration of incentive payments following payment requests submitted by companies published on the Technical Guidance Nº. 1/2020 of Portugal 2020.
- Finally this legislative package includes other measures of an extra-fiscal nature, which we would like to share, concerning the following areas:
- exceptional and temporary protection measures for employment in response to the context of COVID-19 – Decree-Law n.º 10-G/2020;
- exceptional and temporary protection measures to promote the use and acceptance of card payments, in response to the context of COVID-19 – Decree-Law n.º 10-H/2020;
- exceptional and temporary measures in response to the context of COVID-19, in the cultural and artistic sector – Decree-Law n.º 10-I/2020;
- exceptional and temporary measures for the protection of families, companies and charitable institutions’ debts, as well as a special state guarantee regime, in response to the context of COVID-19 – Decree-Law n.º 10-J/2020;
- exceptional and temporary regime for justified absence required by family’s assistance needs, in response to the context of COVID-19 – Decree-Law n.º 10-K/2020.