Representing taxpayers in disputes with the tax authorities and defense rendered for our Clients in penal fiscal proceedings.
Representation for our clients within the scope of tax and fiscal proceedings.
The KPMG Tax Litigation Team provides representation and assistance for our clients within the scope of tax and fiscal proceedings and proceeding before administrative courts, as well as defense in penal-fiscal proceedings.
Professional knowledge and experience of the members of the Tax Litigation Team enable us to use legal instruments of protection of the interests of the taxpayers in the most effective way.
Services performed by our Team cover issues connected with all the disputes with the tax or fiscal authorities and before administrative courts regarding all the taxes present in Poland, including personal income tax (PIT), corporate income tax (CIT), value added tax (VAT), tax on civil law transactions (PCC), local tax, excise duties and customs.
Polish tax and fiscal law is subject to constant changes. Taxpayers often fail to keep up with the latest amendments. This, in connection with unclear regulations, results in high risk of non-compliance of the Taxpayers actions with the requirements of the tax law. It also means that the tax authorities are often free to seek additional income for the State Treasury. In practice, there are often situations, where unclear tax regulations are construed by the tax authorities to a taxpayer’s disadvantage.
KPMG offers professional support in helping your enterprise access all the available instruments aiming at defending the interests of the taxpayer in disputes with the tax authorities in wide range of situations.
KPMG may assist in:
- Representation of taxpayers in disputes with tax authorities and before administrative courts
- Defending of the taxpayer’s interests
- The process of obtaining binding tax rulings issued by the Minister of Finance or in tax overpayment refund proceedings
- Mitigating the risk of penal and fiscal penal responsibility of management board members and other persons responsible for conducting the economic affairs, e.g. member of the Management Board, finance director, chief accountant
- Preparing trainings in the scope of recent issues in Polish tax law and fiscal penal law.