Anti-money laundering and financing of terrorism services (AML / CFT)
Anti-money laundering services
Assistance in ensuring compliance with the anti-money laundering and terrorism financing regulatory requirements (AML / CFT).
Assistance in ensuring compliance with the AML and CFT regulatory requirements.
Increasing number and complexity of regulations related to anti-money laundering and terrorism financing constitute major challenge for business organisations compelled to adjust their policies, procedures and processes in order to make them compliant with applicable laws.
Obliged institutions are responsible for implementation of efficient program ensuring compliance with applicable anti-money laundering and terrorism financing regulations.
KPMG Forensic and Dispute Services team offers comprehensive support in order to meet regulatory requirements related to anti-money laundering and terrorism financing, adjusting the proposed solutions to the needs of organisation and nature of the market.
Our team members are specialists with vast experience and expertise in the projects related to anti-money laundering and terrorism financing, providing services in the following areas:
Independent assessment of compliance with anti-money and terrorism financing regulations.
KPMG specialists offer support in detailed assessment of compliance of existing policies, procedures and related processes with domestic and international AML/CFT regulations, as well as with best market practices.
The assessment performed by KPMG team allows identification of gaps in comparison to regulatory requirements and best practises. In response to observed discrepancies KPMG team presents our Clients detailed recommendations on how to perform their regulatory duties properly, in a manner tailored to Client’s demands.
Support in development and implementation of anti-money laundering and terrorism financing program (or its modification)
KPMG offers comprehensive support in development and implementation of effective anti-money laundering and terrorism financing program, minimising risk of noncompliance with dynamically changing regulatory requirements, particularly in the context of the European Union directives.
Support in process implementation
Our services include advisory in respect of duties arising from the AML/CFT regulations concerning transactions reporting, client identification, periodical reviews, cross check against sanction lists, etc. The scope of our services include:
- Technical support in process implementation through guidelines preparation (i.e. guidelines regarding scope of reported data and its format) which will constitute a basis for implementation/modification of IT systems
- Specialist support and advisory regarding necessary modifications in existing IT systems in order to fulfil regulatory guidelines
- Testing of modified IT systems designed to verify their operational correctness, concluded with recommendations for necessary changes.
Support in performing Know Your Customer procedures according to requirements and instructions from the regulator
KPMG team has extensive experience in providing operational KYC support for domestic and foreign financial institutions. Our assistance may include:
- Support in the development and implementation of KYC mechanisms, including consulting services covering formation and modification of internal regulations and processes
- Operational KYC support, both in Basic Customer Due Diligence, as well as Enhanced Due Diligence, by means of secondment of experienced professionals
- Preparation and execution of dedicated training sessions for employees.
Broad AML related training offer
Our team offers a wide variety of trainings focused on anti-money laundering and financing of terrorism.
Training sessions prepared by our professionals bring to the forefront AML topics selected by the Client.
Our training offer includes basic training sessions introducing listeners to AML topics, as well as more advanced, specialized trainings pertaining to industry related AML issues.