Our divestment services cover a range of activities which can be provided to a vendor in relation to a sale process, including the following:
- Carrying out pre-sale analysis and pre-sale due diligence of the business planned to be disposed as well as carve outs of parts of the business for sale
- Assistance in preparation of information memoranda, data rooms and competitive auctions addressing purchaser queries
- Contract assistance services focusing on the following aspects of the draft sale and purchase agreement: preparation of the accounting, financial and tax terms (including consideration and scope of warranty and indemnity claims), structure of price adjustment mechanism, mechanics of the closing accounts process and accounting principles for closing accounts, form of any dispute resolution process, advice on an appropriate level of working capital and issues relating to earn out mechanism.
Our services enable, inter alia:
- Strict control over the divestment process
- Maximum limitation of potential investor interference in the target’s day-to-day business
- Ensuring the transaction occurs in a time and cost efficient manner within pre-determined timeframes.