KPMG Forensic's Dispute Advisory team can provide accounting advice and expert witness evidence to assist in the resolution of disputes and in the processes of arbitration, litigation, mediation, transaction disputes and insurance claims.
Our firms’ services include
- expert witness services — preparation and presentation of expert witness evidence
- international dispute resolution — assessing risks to determine the value of claims and evidence collation
- business and share valuations — share and business valuations in the context of litigation
- forensic transaction services — drafting/reviewing financial sections of Sale and Purchase Agreements
- alternative dispute resolution — acting as an expert to assist in accounting related disputes
- competition — providing advice and guidance on competition issues
- evidence and disclosure management — capturing, processing and reviewing large volumes of data and evidence.
KPMG’s global network of professionals allows us to provide dispute advisory services across a range of business areas, including economics, intellectual property, pensions and actuarial, information technology, insurance, project finance, travel and tourism, restructuring, energy, mining and retail banking.
Our international network of member firms has significant experience of giving specialist evidence and acting as witnesses in litigation and arbitration proceedings. We also have experience acting as arbitrators and as the independent specialists in accounting disputes.
Our firms’ clients benefit from our professionals’ ability to provide credible, well-researched and objective reports and opinions concerning accounting matters that are in dispute. This helps our clients and their advisers to achieve a favorable outcome in terms of bringing or defending claims and negotiating settlements.