Share with your friends



The most common concerns with immigration.


Contact Us

karen jane s. vergara-manese


KPMG in the Philippines


Related content


How do I obtain the necessary visas and work permits?

Employers, on a fairly standard basis, handle immigration matters relating to the relocation of you and your family, including the procurement of your working papers. Whether you or your employer handles your immigration/visa matters, you should make every attempt to finalize the arrangements before you relocate. Some employers offer assistance for spouses in obtaining visas and work permits. In the Philippines, obtaining visas and work permits may take up to 4 months. It is recommended to consult your inhouse global mobility or immigration advisor well in advance of your assignment.

I have a domestic partner. Will he or she be able to accompany me on my assignment?

In general, international assignment policies mirror the organization’s domestic policy on benefits to domestic partners whether the partner is of the opposite or same sex. However, even if your company provides assistance, from an immigration perspective, the host country may not allow for nonmarried partners to obtain residency permits. In the Philippines, a domestic partner is not eligible for a dependent visa. It is recommended to consult your in-house global mobility or immigration advisor on what visas your partner may use to accompany you on your assignment.

I am a former Filipino citizen, do I need a visa to work in the Philippines?

The “Balikbayan Program” of the Bureau of Immigration allows former citizens with foreign passports who are not visa-required nationals to enter the Philippines visa-free for a period of one (1) year. This privilege, however, does not permit the individual to engage in any type of work in the Philippines. It is recommended to consult your immigration advisor on how a former citizen can take up employment in the Philippines.

Connect with us