We help organisations manage their payroll, benefits and expenses, compliance risks as well as implement arrangements to reduce employment tax costs.
Helping manage your payroll, benefits and experiences and compliance risks.
In managing global and local workforces, companies face the challenge of attracting, motivating and retaining the best people whilst mitigating employment risks and costs in an environment of ever evolving regulatory and taxation requirements.
We cover an extensive range of employment tax services, working with our clients to manage compliance risks and reduce costs. We assist with the complexities of a domestic and international workforce through provision of the following services:
- Fringe benefits tax compliance, due diligence and planning
- Salary packaging
- Global mobility taxes
- Contractor and director withholding obligations
- KiwiSaver and Superannuation advice
- Tax treatment of termination payments
- Treatment of taxable and non-taxable allowances and other benefits
- Advice on the application of double tax agreements
- Liaison with Inland Revenue including preparation of tax rulings and voluntary disclosures
- Employee share schemes advice, and
- General employment tax advisory services.
KPMG recognises that the payroll environment in New Zealand is becoming ever more complex. The introduction of Payday Reporting in April 2019, the regulatory focus on Holidays Act 2003 compliance, and changes in the way that people work and are taxed mean that payroll administrators and organisations need to have a deep appreciation of tax law and employment regulations in order to appropriately run the process effectively.
KPMG offers a wide range of services and opportunities for meeting the challenges of payroll administration. Based on KPMG’s experience and our market leading expertise on tax and specifically payroll matters, we have unique insight into the key payroll issues facing many organisations and the expertise to assist.
Examples of payroll services that KPMG provides include:
- Provision of regular payroll administration services including processing, tracking of leave balances and managing terminations
- Calculation and maintenance of a shadow payroll for international employees
- Pay code configuration analysis
- Sample based payroll “health checks”
- Data and analytics based testing of payroll, and
- General advisory services.