As a member of The Aotearoa Circle’s Technical Working Group on Sustainable Finance, KPMG IMPACT is deeply committed to the Sustainable Finance Forum’s vision of a financial system that:
- Serves the long-term needs of our society, the environment and the economy
- Is well informed, transparent and playing its part to facilitate sustainable development, especially New Zealand’s transition to a low-emissions, resource-efficient, just and inclusive economy
- Is resilient, robust and agile
- Gives society reason to have trust and confidence in New Zealand’s financial system and its actors.
KPMG IMPACT’s Sustainable Finance practice integrates skills and expertise drawn from across our Financial Services, Wealth Management, Management Consulting, Risk Consulting, Deals Advisory and Audit teams. Together, we are helping ‘green’ New Zealand’s financial system and finance green activities through a range of specialised services, including:
- Integration of ESG-related risks and positive impacts into governance, strategy, operations, culture and conduct.
Positive impact investing
- Positive impact investment strategies and frameworks
- Positive impact product design, issuance, measurement and reporting
- Project/deal origination and support
- Impact measurement and verification
Reporting and verification
- Preparation or verification of Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) and Principles for Responsible Banking (PRB) submissions
- Taskforce on Climate-related Financial Disclosure (TCFD) aligned disclosures
- Responsible Investment Association of Australasia (RIAA) certification assurance of green, climate and impact bonds, as well as sustainability-linked lending instruments
KPMG New Zealand is a Climate Bond Initiative Certified Verifier.