Strong leadership and engaged people are vital for an organisation to achieve positive health, safety and wellbeing (HSW) outcomes. We provide you with the right advice and support to help you get there – and stay there.
We can help strengthen your HSW practice and performance
Conducting an assessment or review
- Gain an understanding of the current state of your HSW performance
- Map current performance against established expectations and benchmarks
- Highlight areas of strength and weakness
- Access insight into lifting performance and driving improvement.
We can carry out SafePlus onsite assessments, gap analyses based on AS/NZS ISO45001 and customised reviews of specific HSW aspects, such as governance, contracting relationships, management of critical risks and worker engagement.
Co-developing frameworks and processes
- Streamline policies and procedures
- Reduce ‘safety clutter’ and increase the mahi
- Meet legislative and organisational obligations
- Enhance good decision-making.
Providing training and advice
- Workshops and interactive sessions for senior leaders, managers and health and safety representatives
- Education and knowledge-building on a range of topics, including due diligence, critical risks, risk assessments, reporting formats and learning reviews.
Puta noa i Aotearoa – working across New Zealand
We work across Aotearoa with many diverse organisations, large and small, national and local, and public and private.
What is SafePlus?
- Mō te iwi - It's about people
- Mō te kaiarahi pai - It’s about good leadership
- Mō te hanga i te angitu - It’s about building on success
- Mō te mahi pai ake - It’s about working better
SafePlus is the Government-endorsed health and safety performance improvement initiative.
It comprises three tools:
- Onsite assessment
- Online self-assessment
- Advice and guidance.
SafePlus outlines good practice expectations that enable assessors and business leaders to rate current performance and provide suggestions for improvement. The goal is that together we build towards a future of better, safer and healthier work.
- KPMG specialises in SafePlus onsite assessments.
- We can also support you with the online self-assessment.
Tō tātou kapa – our specialist team
We have a team of specialist health and safety consultants with wide-ranging and comprehensive experience of health and safety legislation, current practice, and system review and evaluation methodologies.
We can draw on colleagues from around the KPMG network to provide high levels of engagement, service and expertise.
We employ accredited SafePlus assessors.
Mahi ngātahi – working in partnership
At KPMG we work collaboratively with our clients to deliver what people need - and want - at the operational, management and governance levels.
We have the capacity and capability to work alongside organisations. We can draw upon additional resources from the KPMG network as needed.
- We are flexible
- We take the time to listen
- We don’t deliver ‘off-the-shelf’ material
- We aim to integrate health and safety into existing business processes
- We challenge norms and propose alternate solutions where identified.