Cyber security is a strategic enterprise risk that goes far beyond information technology. A strong cyber security strategy should align to the business vision, objectives and innovation projects. If implemented effectively, it can enhance product integrity, customer experience, operations, regulatory compliance, brand reputation, investor confidence and more — leading to a return on your cyber investments.
That’s why cyber security demands attention not only from the Chief Information Officer — but also from the rest of the C-Suite, the board and, indeed, employees and business partners throughout the organisation.
KPMG knows that to deliver cyber security value, businesses must first determine the appropriate levels of acceptable and tolerated risk. We help you understand how best to align your information protection agenda to your dynamic business and compliance priorities.
By focusing on security needs versus wants, KPMG teams build enterprise-wide security strategies that help to move organisations from reacting in crisis mode to having a proactive, value-added business solution.
How we can help
Our strategy and governance solutions include:
- Security risk management services to help you understand the level of risk faced, and the level of risk you will tolerate, allowing you to make informed decisions.
- Security strategy and roadmap development to help provide direction and focus for your security efforts.
- Cyber Maturity Assessment to provide an in-depth review of your organisation's ability to protect its information assets and its preparedness against cyber-attack.
- CISO on Demand to provide you an experienced senior cyber security professional to act as your Chief Information Security Officer.
- Security metrics and reporting development to provide meaningful information on your security position to the Board and senior management.
- Security assurance programme services to give you ongoing confidence that your key security controls are operating effectively.
- Third party risk management services to provide insights over the effectiveness of the control environments of your key third party providers.
- Assurance services to demonstrate to others that robust security controls are in place, using frameworks and standards such as ISAE 3402, SOC 2, NZISM and PSR.
- Privacy advisory services to help you evaluate and improve your privacy practices, and ensure compliance with the Privacy Act, as well as other regulatory requirements such as GDPR.
- Cyber in the Boardroom services to provide training and guideance to the Board, Audit Committee and leadership team.