Funding a business
Funding a business
Looking to raise capital in the debt and equity markets? We can help from initial assessment and strategy through to successful execution.
Looking to raise capital in the debt and equity markets? We can help from initial asses...
A strategic approach to defining your capital financing objectives and understanding your debt and equity financing options is essential to sustainable growth. We offer hands-on assistance through the process of raising capital, from initial assessment and strategy to successful execution. Our experienced insights and market presence help you:
- determine funding objectives in the context of your business and growth plans
- evaluate the optimal capital structure for your business
- identify potential sources of capital and key structuring objectives
- approach the market and negotiate key commercial terms
- develop ongoing transaction-based shareholder and lender communication strategies.
Our integrated team of specialists helps you focus on the key questions to develop and implement capital structuring transactions and raise capital in alignment with your goals.
Financing strategy: What is the optimal capital structure for my business?
- Formulate a strategic plan for your capital structure after assessing your business plan, financing objectives and capital requirements.
- Thorough scenario analysis to understand the organisations ability to support the required funding obligations.
Option identification and evaluation: What are my financing options?
- Determine the preferred strategy to drive your business plan by analyzing existing financing arrangements, current financial performance and projections to help you assess your financing options and gauge market appetite.
- Ease of reporting with covenants incorporating tax and IFRS implications.
Deal preparation : How do I prepare and who should I approach?
- Assess the viability, challenges and opportunities of each stage of a debt or equity raise. Identifying suitable lenders and investors to approach and addressing key issues regarding investor relations, capital investment and capital structure are all part of an integrated approach.
Deal execution: How do I achieve the best terms?
- Study the prevailing market conditions, the appetite of prospective funders and how other sectors and markets are addressing financing needs.
- Maintaining focus on core business while KPMG manages the transaction from initiation to completion
Stakeholder communication: How do I manage ongoing communications?
- Develop an effective stakeholder engagement strategy that will drive real value over the long term. You can maintain beneficial stakeholder relationships with an investor and/or bondholder study to inform your strategic thinking and help you anticipate lender issues and market developments.
- Enhanced banking relationships post transaction due to KPMG’s ongoing guidance.
Deal Advisory team
Our integrated team of trusted advisors guides you through the process of raising capital by understanding it from an investor’s perspective. You get honest, practical advice of real value to inform your strategic decisions and help you meet your business growth objectives. Using clear and consistent communications, we can help you develop and strengthen shareholder support for the deal.