KPMG Cyber Challenge - Terms and Conditions
Cyber Challenge - Terms and Conditions
KPMG Cyber Challenge – June 2020
- These terms and conditions (‘the Terms’) apply to the KPMG Cyber Challenge competition (‘the Promotion’).
- The Promotion is run by KPMG, whose registered office is at 18 Viaduct Harbour Avenue, Auckland. KPMG is a New Zealand Partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with the Swiss entity KPMG International Cooperative (‘KPMG International’). Member firms of the KPMG network of independent firms are affiliated with KPMG International. KPMG International provides no client services. No member firm has any authority to obligate or bind KPMG International or any other member firm vis-à-vis third parties, nor does KPMG International have any such authority to obligate or bind any member firm.
- Reference to ‘you’ or ‘your’ in the Terms shall mean the individual who enters the Promotion.
- By entering the Promotion, you are indicating your agreement to be bound by the Terms.
5. The Promotion will commence at 6:00 pm on 19 June 2020 and end at 5:59pm on 26 June 2020 (‘Promotion Period’).
6. Entry to the Promotion is open to you if you are physically residing in New Zealand, you are 18 years of age or over at the commencement of the Promotion Period, and you are correctly registered. The Promotion is open to individuals only.
7. To be a correctly registered, you must complete all required fields in the online registration form found at https://register.kpmgcyberchallenge.co.nz. Registration shall open at 10:30am on 27 May 2020 and close at 5:00pm on 18 June 2020. After this date the no further entries to the Promotion will be permitted.
8. The Promotion is limited to the first thousand participants who register.
9. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
10. Clients of KPMG may enter the Promotion.
11. KPMG employees and contractors, their immediate family members, and anyone otherwise connected with the judging of the Promotion may enter the Promotion but will not be eligible to be a prize winner.
12. KPMG will accept no responsibility for entries not received for whatever reason.
13. The rules for the Promotion are as follows:
- Over the Promotion Period, participants will compete through completing their choice of 750+ ‘labs’ using Immersive Labs’ platform.
- Participants will be emailed a signup code at the start of the Promotion Period, which will allow them to register on Immersive Labs’ platform and compete in the Promotion.
- Each lab presents a specific challenge that participants complete in a ‘capture the flag’ type scenario. The labs may be knowledge based or of a practical nature in a simulated environment (or based on combination of knowledge and practical).
- Each lab is allocated a set number of points, with those points awarded upon the completion of the lab. The number of points is predefined by Immersive Labs and is dependent upon the complexity of the lab.
- Labs are arranged by topic and difficulty level. They are also mapped to industry frameworks such as the MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Some labs are grouped as ‘assigned objectives’, which are used in relation to one of the prizes (as outlined below).
- The points from each lab accumulate in real-time for each participant, and are shown on a leader board, alongside the accumulated points of other participants.
14. If you are eligible to enter the Promotion in accordance with these Terms, you will be automatically entered into the prize draw unless KPMG receives notification from you that you do not wish to participate in the prize draw.
15. There are two prizes available:
- One Samsung C49HG90 49" QLED Ultra-Wide Curved Gaming Monitor; and
- One Ender 3 Pro 3D printer.
16. KPMG is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any participant by any third party connected with the Promotion.
17. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and KPMG reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
18. Two prize winners shall be determined by KPMG at the conclusion of the Promotion Period:
- The winner of the Samsung C49HG90 49" QLED Ultra-Wide Curved Gaming Monitor shall be the participant who receives the highest ranking on the leader board at the end of the Promotion Period; and
- The winner of the Ender 3 Pro 3D printer shall be the participant who completes the most ‘assigned objectives’ throughout the Promotion Period.
19. In order to be a prize winner, you must be eligible to enter the Promotion pursuant to these Terms.
20. The participant with the highest ranking on the leader board shall be determined first. The participant who is the winner of the highest ranking on the leader board competition shall not qualify to enter the most ‘assigned objectives’ competition. For the avoidance of doubt, one participant may not win both prizes.
21. Should there be a tie for the participants who complete the most ‘assigned objectives’, the prize winner will be determined by the person who has the highest score among the tied participants.
22. The prize winners will be notified by KPMG within five days of the end of the Promotion Period via email or phone using the contact details provided by the participants during registration. If a prize winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within fourteen days of the prize winner being notified, KPMG may withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
23. KPMG’s decision is final with respect to all matters relating to this Promotion and no further correspondence or discussions will be entered into.
24. The prize winner agrees that KPMG has the right to use his or her name and image for marketing and publicity purposes in connection with this Promotion.
25. The prize winners’ names shall be available via KPMG New Zealand’s website for a period of at least 14 days from the closing date of the promotion, if the winners have consented to their names being published. The prize winners’ names may also be published via other communication channels, if the winners have consented to their names being published.
26. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or LinkedIn.
27. Your personal information will be collected by KPMG in accordance with KPMG’s privacy statement, which may be found here.
29. KPMG reserves the right to cancel or amend the Promotion (including the stated rules) and the Terms without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of KPMG’s control. Any changes to the Promotion will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by KPMG.
30. KPMG will not be liable for any loss, claim, cost, expense, liability or injury suffered by any person in any way associated with the Promotion, except where such loss cannot be excluded by law.
31. This Promotion is bound by the laws of New Zealand and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
© 2022 KPMG, a New Zealand Partnership and a member firm of the KPMG global organisation of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited, a private English company limited by guarantee. All rights reserved.
For more detail about the structure of the KPMG global organization please visit https://home.kpmg/governance.