Nick is a Director in our People Services team based in our Auckland tax practice. He specialises in all matters relating to individuals, from managing complex cross-border tax affairs of high-net-worth individuals to assisting businesses in designing and implementing employment tax policies.
Nick began his career in the UK where he focused on helping individuals to develop wealth succession strategies, safely passing wealth and assets to future generations. Five years later Nick’s journey brought him to Auckland where he now calls home. He is passionate about working with individuals and he now specialises in global mobility and expatriate’s employment taxes.
Some examples of Nick's work includes:
- individual tax residence determination under New Zealand legislation and double tax agreements
- analysis of permanent establishment risk for offshore businesses with a presence in New Zealand
- advising offshore employers of any tax obligations in respect of remote workers present in New Zealand including assisting individuals in the IR56 registration and reporting process
- review and analysis of global employee share scheme plans
- advising HNWIs on the financial arrangement and foreign investment fund regimes
- providing tax compliance and advisory services to the employees and senior leadership of some of the world’s largest multinational companies.
Nick prides himself in becoming a trusted advisor and enjoys building long-lasting relationships with clients while delivering customer focused solutions. He aims to make complex tax legislation simple to understand and actionable for his clients.
Bachelor of Science in Commercial Management & Quantity Surveying (First Class Honours) - Loughborough University
High net worth individuals
Employment taxes and employee share schemes
Fringe benefit tax
Holidays Act remediation
Expatriates, cross-border workers and remote workers