KPMG Netherlands in collaboration with the World Petroleum Council, Shell, TNO and IRO - The Association of Dutch Suppliers in the Offshore Energy Industry hosted a series of four webcasts over four days that looked at the Oil & Gas industry as key players in the Energy Transition. The focus of the conversations was the North Sea where innovative energy production and supply models are tested and implemented.
Webcast - Critical Success Factors for Corporate Venture Investing in Transition Technologies
- Bud van der Schrier, partner Deal Advisory KPMG, moderator
- Geert van de Wouw, vice president Shell Ventures
- Jerom van Roosmalen, managing director and founding partner at Nordsol
- A model for improved governance, supply chain management and the management of risk.
- Critical success factors for open innovation between start-ups and corporates.
- Current hurdles facing external innovators: corporate governance, procurement processes, IP-protection, conflicts of interest and internal project management. “The race to be second”.
- The role of Government. Tax, regulations, co-funding of ‘firsts’ (pilot projects), etc.
The World Petroleum Council is dedicated to the promotion of sustainable management and use of the world’s oil, gas and other energy resources for the benefit of all.
Other webcasts in the series
For more information, please contact Joan Eischen, director Markets