KPMG has developed the Centralized Accounting and Business Intelligence (CABI) that focuses on improving quality of decision making for both franchisers and their retailers. We do this by providing the right, accurate information and relieving the administrative burden for retailers so they can focus on their customers and grow their business. These administrative tasks include but not limited to statutory and regulatory reporting, payroll and bookkeeping activities that consumes excessive time of retailers on an ongoing basis undermining their ability to focus on customers, understanding their performance and identifying optimization opportunities.
Our CABI solution includes three key components that can be delivered standalone as separate services (layered on/integrated with existing systems and data processes) or combined for a fully centralized service. The three components of service are:
- Centralized Accounting (CA) – Provides End-to-end bookkeeping, accounting and payroll services that takes the administrative burden from retailers
- Benchmarking (B) – Drives improved business performance through reliable Management Information that includes benchmarking capabilities
- Business Intelligence (I) – Utilises underlying data from CA and MI to develop custom analytics services giving the retailer better insights and predictive analytics to drive their business forward.
By using our CABI solution franchisers might be able to :
- Enable retailers to reduce manual work and focus on operational excellence
- Strengthen license to operate by enabling more control over processes
- Support integrations with systems and suppliers resulting in data transfers accurately in real time reducing manual effort and risk of error
- Drive business improvement by benchmarking performance and sharing insights across sites and regions with a harmonized set of accounts and KPIs
- Allow for more accurate business planning and risk assurance tracking.
- Avoid unnecessary operating costs by creating end-to-end transparency in the transactional processes
- Drive cost savings with regards to administrative staff , Information Technology (IT) (including maintenance and security) and Human Resource (HR) related cost (hiring, optimizing, training etc)
- Build Business Intelligence using the underlying data and reporting information from MI that allows one to
- Review and reduce the current waste levels
- Assess location suitability with algorithms to determine ‘’ideal’’ store locations
- Optimize ordering and inventory levels using Data & Analytics
- Evaluate SKU contribution and optimize current SKU portfolio